Honey Lemon Sugar Scrub and Oatmeal scrub are the best DIY exfoliating scrubs I have ever used for both body and face. These are easy to make with bunch of ingredients from your kitchen closet and costs 95% less than the cost of any available body scrub in the market.
1) Honey Lemon Sugar Scrub (Weekly Scrub)
- 2 cups of organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of organic raw Honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Organic Coconut Oil (Optional)
- Freshly squeezed Juice from one lemon
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then, fill your container that has an air tight lid (Mason jar will be the best option)
- Apply to body, paying extra close attention to elbows, knees, feet and hands (nail and cuticles esp), and rub in circular motion for 3-5 minutes. Rinse, Enjoy the silky softness of your impossibly smooth skin
- When applied to face, use a gentle circular motions and pay attention to breakout and acne prone areas.
- This recipe is good to fill one regular size Mason jar (32 oz). Store it in fridge or in your bathroom closet. You may want to use a plastic container, If you are planning to put it on your bath tub
Benefits of Ingredients
Lemon– A natural source of Vitamin C; an ingredient commonly used to lighten sun and age spots and even out skin tone; a natural astringent that tightens pores and brightens the complexion.
Sugar– A natural exfoliate; a natural source of Glycolic acid which evens out the skin tone, cleans pores and improves overall skin texture by removing dead, dull skin cells.
Coconut Oil– A natural moisturizer; made from 3 healthy fatty acids: Caprylic acid, Lauric acid, Capric acid that helps retain moisture content of the skin leaving skin insanely smooth, delays aging, acts as natural sunscreen by protecting skin from UV radiations, anti-microbial and anti- fungal.
Honey– A natural source of anti-oxidants making it a perfect ingredient for age prevention; a natural humectant (keeps things moist) so it locks water into the skin and keeps the complexion hydrated; the antibacterial properties benefit acne-prone skin by reducing breakouts.
Where to buy
Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey / 24 Mantra Organic Himalayan Multiflower Honey (India)
Organic Light Brown Sugar / Organic Tattva Brown Sugar, 500g (India)
Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil / Artisana Organic Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil / Earthon / Nutiva (India)
2) Oatmeal- Almond Scrub (Daily Scrub)
This scrub is best for everyday use as the mixture is a soft granular powder, so will not be very tough on skin to use it daily. This is a prefect scrub/pack for skin lighting and improving skin tone.
- 2 cups of organic oats
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds or 1 cup of almond flour
- Raw milk as needed (when applying)
- Chop Almonds in a blender/ food processor until they are nearly ground then add oats and blend well until the mixture is a soft granular powder. Then fill your container that has an air tight lid (Mason jar will be the best option).
- To use, take a sufficient amount of mixture for your face and body and add few drops/ a tablespoon of raw milk needed to form a paste.
- Apply to body rubbing in circular motions for 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse. Enjoy the refreshing and rejuvenating smooth skin.
- When applied to face, leave the mixture for 5-6 minutes as a pack if you have time for more effective results.
Benefits Benefits of Ingredients
Oats– A natural cleanser due to Saponins, that effectively absorb and remove the dirt and impurities from skin surface, widely used/ known for lighting effects as well as improving the skin tone and texture. anti-inflammatory, effective in fighting dull and flaky dryness as it contains polysaccharides, which becomes gelatinous in water, help in treating in acne.
Almonds– A natural source of Vitamin E, making it a strong antioxidant making it perfect for age prevention and keeps the free radical in check. Contains fatty acids that helps to leaves skin moisturized and radiant.
Raw Milk– Raw milk is nothing but unboiled milk / pure cow milk; not pasteurized or homogenized . A natural Source of Vitamin A that makes it a perfect skin moisturizer that nourishes deeper skin layers and provides conditioning and moisturizing from inside. The Vitamin D in it boosts Collagen products, slows down fine lines and wrinkles. protect skin from skin radicals that cause premature aging. Vitamin B6 helps in rejuvenating new skin cell formation. heals rough and uneven skin and helps in skin lightning.
Where to buy