I have always dreamt of having a clear, spotless, glowing skin and soft, shiny and silky hair (well.. who doesn’t?? com’mon.. we are girls..!!). I’ve tried everything.. cleansers, moisturizers, expensive creams, repair shampoos about a hundred of them (probably not that many, but it sure seems like it 😛 ). in my quest to look good and healthy, I’ve spent an unimaginable part of my budget on expensive creams and cleansers, only to be disappointed with the results. And then, I came across this MAGICAL ingredient in the kitchen that can be just as effective as fancy potions, sometimes even more so. Finally, I realized that having clean, healthy, and glowing skin or shiny hair doesn’t require you to break the bank. I know you can get a clear face and a beautiful hair with PHOTOSHOP ;), but now, I can restrict those faces to Facebook and other social media. Thanks to that magical ingredient.
And that magical ingredient is MILK…MILK…MILK!!! (Yes just MILK alone.) It hydrates and replenish the skin, leaving it glowing and radiant. So skip that bowl of cereal and let’s reap the beauty benefits of milk!
MILK for Face:
1. Cleanser/moisturizer: Is your skin getting dry? Here is your simple and natural solution. Dip a cotton ball or wash cloth in cold raw milk. Gently, rub the cotton ball/washcloth over your dry skin. Allow the mask to sit for 15 to 20 minutes. While the mask is getting dry, I prefer not to move face muscles as you may stretch the mask and that will cause fine lines. Wash off with some cold water. You will be amazed to see your skin moisturized and smooth all day long.
2. Tan remover: The place I live is always gloomy. But this summer, my skin got tanned due to sun. So I tried this. Dip a cotton ball in milk and squeeze milk out of it (make sure you have little milk in the ball). Now rub your face with this cotton ball with some pressure. After rubbing for a minute or two, check the cotton ball. You will see the tan/dust on the cotton ball (I have seen this even after I washed my face with a cleanser).
3. Mild bleach: Add one spoon of honey and one spoon of lemon juice to two spoons of milk. Apply this mixture on clean face and let it sit for 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water. This acts as mild bleach on your skin. Lemon gives your face a lighter complexion due to Vitamin C in it.
TIP: Prefer Raw milk ( Non pasteurized and Homogenized) for maximum benefits.
MILK for Hair:
1. For dry/rough hair: Just take some milk and rub it on your scalp for 2 minutes. Let it sit for 2 more minutes and wash off hair with cold water. Overtime, this will make your hair smooth and keep it moisturized.
2. Get straight hair: Pour some milk in a spray bottle. Spray on your dry hair then comb your hair. Let it dry for a few minutes. Wash off without any shampoo. This will give your hair a straight look. (If your hair is not dry, try spraying with lemon as well, lemon will give your hair some shine)
Let us know in comments if you tried any of these tips/recipes and also, if you have any new tips. You will love to give it a try 🙂