Winter is usually the worst season for lips. Excess wind and cold temperature rip off the moisture from the lips, leaving them dry, chapped and small. Since, the store found lip plumper’s and surgical injections are pretty pricey and bore side effects, this homemade version not only moisturizes your lips but also works just like a lip plumper and it is super inexpensive.
Benefits of using
The ingredient honey is a natural humectant. It means, honey attracts moisture from air and locks into your skin. It also prevents skin from losing it’s natural moisture. The antibacterial property benefits in healing chapped lips and cleaning pores while the antioxidants work the magic of younger looking lips.
On the other hand, peppermint oil improve blood circulation, resulting in fuller lips. The inflammatory property also cause the swelling of lips. While, Almond oil soothes the mixture and avoid excess inflammation and irritation.
The results aren’t for long term but with constant application and proper care, you can achieve healthy and sumptuous lips.
- 1 part of organic almond oil
- 1/2 part of organic honey
- 2-3 drops of peppermint oil or Cinnamon oil
- Amber glass bottle with roller
- Fill 1/2 of the bottle with almond oil
- Fill the other 1/4 of bottle with honey
- Add 3 drops of peppermint oil
Tips for fuller lips
- Scrub them soft: Exfoliating your lips on a regular basis with a mild scrub this one, will remove dead skin and improve blood flow, resulting in bigger and healthier lips.
- Try out alternatives: Use of Cinnamon oil in place of peppermint oil as it works equally great for plumping lips.
- Dramatize: Take a lip pencil that matches the color of your lips like these universal one and line your lips, extending the shape, just outside your natural lip line, then fill your lips with the same lip liner.
- Gloss it up: Lip gloss will accentuate your lips by making them look bigger.