As they say there is no fun without Sun. A lot of our favorite summer activities involve going out in sun. while we do so, it is also necessary that we take certain precautions to protect our skin and hair from any unnecessary sun burns, rashes, flaky scalp and frizziness. I have rounded up all my favorite summer beauty essentials that will help you get through the hottest of days. Note: this products are either natural or organic.
1) Coola, Sunscreen Spray: Whether you are hiking or lying by the beach or swimming this easy spray on application will give you at most coverage and protect you from the harmful UVA and UVB radiations. The formulation is non greasy, water-resistant and doesn’t leave any white residue like most of the sunscreens. I’ve been using this product with at most satisfaction and I truly feel that, it nourishes my skin while protecting it. This is my magic to get through the summer.
The Active Ingredients contain some chemicals like Avobenzone 2.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Octocrylene 7.0% thus making it 70% certified organic but trust me it’s hard to find a 100% organic sunscreen with a high SPF and non greasy formulation. On the plus side, these chemicals provide some antioxidant care and according to some researchers, most of these chemicals do not penetrate into the lower layers of the skin hence will not cause much effect.
If you are all about mineral sunscreens then you will love their mineral sunscreen.
2) Kiehl’s Hair mask: Sun exposure, chlorinated water pools and use of excessive heat can rip off the moisture from the hair leaving it dry and frizzy. This repairing hair mask is enriched with Avocado, Lemon Extract, and Olive Fruit Oil, which will help you restore the moisturizer and shine of the healthy looking hair. A perfect weekend mask that provides intense conditioning.
3) Sonya Dakar daily moisturizer with SPF30: yet another sunscreen I swoon over. Not only the formulation is non-greasy and lightweight but also moisturizing and ideal for all skin types including the acne prone skin. A little of the product is just enough to keep you moisturized all through the day. My oily skin just loves this product as it dissipates within few seconds of its application and doesn’t break me out. It contains similar active ingredients as Coola Sunscreen spray.
Note- As it is a non-mineral sunscreen like Coola , it is advisable to use 30 minutes prior to sun exposures.
4) Homemade Sugar Scrub: This simple homemade sugar scrub recipe is 100% organic and easy to make. It provides deep exfoliation that will leave your skin silky smooth and ultra clean. Do not forget to moisturize your skin with this simple homemade recipe after scrubbing to reap the most benefits.
5) Lavera Self Tanner: This natural self tanner is vegan friendly and is free from parabens, artificial fragrances and colors. This product will give you a tan of your dreams in just 3 hours. Infused with Macadamia seed oil and shea butter help in moisturizing and smooth application of the product with no streaking or patching. This product is also known for its wonderful smell and color.
6) Pratima’s Neem Oil: Lets just accept to the fact that we all suffer from body acne and sun burns from time and again. This amazing ayurvedic cooling and healing oil will certainly come in handy for most of the skin aliments including rashes, cuts, acne, shaving & waxing irritations, as an insect repellent, for bug bites, pet skin irritations, you name it. Along with some homemade recipes, I use it to treat my body acne and It definitely been effective. A complete all-rounder and a must have product for any season!.
7) Soapwalla deodrant: This holy grail is by far the best long-lasting deodorant I have ever used. No kidding, it stays good even after a crazy day of work and gym. A little goes long way.
With all that being said, I also have an acute experience to share. I felt a sensation of itching and sort of rash on one of my armpit when I first started using it. I panicked and read all the reviews on this product and to my surprise, many have experienced similar sensation and it is because of PH imbalance. I didn’t stop using it but switched back and forth with few other natural deodorants from Toms and Loccitane, I must say, Soapwalla has been the best I’ve tried. With my sheer stubbornness, I’ve built a tolerance to it now, I no longer feel itching sensation when I use very little of it, just a dab!. I am happy for now but will love to try something new. If you guys have any suggestions, leave them in comments 🙂
8) Coola Lip balm with SPF 15: Your lips need as much care and protection as your face. Do not forget to use a SPF lip balm when you are out in sun especially, if you suffer with cold sore & blisters. This sweet vanilla and peppermint flavored lip balm is yummy! 😀 and enriched with antioxidants and vitamins to nourish and hydrate. If you are looking for higher SPF lip balm check this Lip balm with SPF 30.
Shop our picks
What are your favorite summer beauty essentials? Tell us in comments 🙂