Sweatshirts are the coziest wardrobe staple that even Blair Waldorf approves of (proof- season 5 episode 14; can never forget her I love NY sweatshirt as I was desperately wanting to see her dress down). They are relaxed, cool and masculine but when paired appropriately, sweatshirts can be as chic as a pleated skirt. Plus, you can wear them to office, parties and night outs too.
Tips to dressing up a Sweatshirt
- Wear it over a button down tailored shirt with dark denim/formal pant like I did in look #2. Roll your sleeves if your sweatshirt comes with a elastic cuff and opt for solid or formal patterned sweatshirts like stripes/checks.
- Wear it over a pencil skirt with a fitted blazer and stilettos.
- Wear it under a sweater vest as a basic layer in winter with blazer/winter coat and ankle boots.
Out with friends or party-
- Wear it over a flare or baby doll dress to give a skirt impression with oxfords for a polished look like I did in look#1 or with sneakers for a casual look.
- Wear it with a metallic dress or skirt with leather jacket and stilettos for a night out.
- Wear it with a printed or lace skirt with blazer vest or trench and tall boots.
Here are the 2 chic ways I paired my sweatshirts- I paired one solid and one printed sweatshirt to give you options!
Sweatshirt Over Dress
Shop The Look
Sweatshirt Over Shirt
Which look suits your style?
Shop The Look
Thank you for stopping by!